Subject: Re: LongTrail PCI resource assignment

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:41:31 +0200

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Currently the X server refuses to start up if the RGB weights don't add up
> to the screen depth, and depth 32 isn't supported at all. 24 bpp works but
> it's really slower than 32 bpp before.

There's now a distinction between 'depth' and 'framebuffer bpp'. There is no
depth 32.

You can set framebuffer bpp with the -fbbpp command line option (there
certainly is an XF86Config option as well, but I don't remember it). You have
to add a Display Subsection like this:

    SubSection "Display"
        Depth       24
        fbbpp       32
        Modes       "1152x864" "1024x768" "640x480"
        Virtual     1152 864
    EndSubSection

> Plus the X server refuses to cooperate with xscreensaver and consistently
> kicks me out after 10 minutes.

Hm. Can you build a static server and try to track it down in gdb?

Michel

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/