Subject: Basic questions about PPC embedded developement under Linux

From: Ron Flory <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:08:01 -0500

hi-

 I've just joined this mailing list, and have a few basic questions
about PPC embedded developement under Linux.

 My application is not to run Linux on the ppc, but to use x86 Linux as
a cross-developement platform, thus allowing me to get away from
expensive, and substandard wondoze-based environments.

 I've set up cross-compilers, etc before, so that doesn't scare me too
much.  In my last job (after a some work) I was able to dump NT, and do
all my VxWorks developement under Linux.  It made life bearable.

 My primary concern is how to use GDB (or better yet, DDD) with a PPC
board via the DBM port.  Is there a Linux tool that permits initial
program download, register access, and debugging via the Moto standard
PPC BDM port ?

 If so, I'll push very hard to ensure Linux is the developement platform
for our next project-

ron flory

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/