Subject: Re: XFree 4.0 dual monitor on AGP G4

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:26:10 +0200

"W. Taylor Holliday" wrote:

> I modified the config file you sent me to use the secondary monitor only
> (since XFree wouldn't parse the dual monitor layout section),

Dang, gotta look at the syntax for the Layout Section again :)

BTW you can quickly choose a Screen Section with the -screen command line
option.

> and unfortunately the kernel still crashed. Right now trying to get
> both monitors working is getting ahead of myself - i'm first shooting to get
> the secondary one working alone.

Very sensible.

> Unfortunately, the XFree86 4.0 docs say that PCI id's are mandatory for
> dual-head configs.

So? You have specified them.

> Oh and it dies before it writes to the logfile. So I have no clue what to do
> next. Suggestions?

- remount (at least) the partition containing /var/log in sync mode (to get at
  least something from the log)

- run X with -probeonly

Michel

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/