Subject: Linuxppc + MPC860T + Ethernet

From: Norbert Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:32:14 +0200

Hello everybody,

has anybody experienced using the Motorola MPC860T with Linuxppc and
10BeseT / 100BaseTX in terms of drivers, accessing drivers, etc?

I am planing to use the MPC860T in the configuration mentioned above as
a programmable Ethernet Controller. For speed reasons I have to
interface the rest of the system with the MPC860T using the 32 Bit
syncronous Databus of the machine.

My key questions are (@ the mom):
- How difficult is it to get the Ethernet side of the MPC860T to work.
- Where can I get Linuxppc Ethernet-Drivers for that purpose from?
- Where can I get fully documented protocoll stacks, like UDP or TCPIP,
from?
- How do I drive the external bus of the MPC860T using Linuxpppc?

I have just started of working with this machine.. I am a complete
newbie..

Thanx a lot
N. Zimmermann

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/