Subject: Re: How to get rom code to go on FADS?

From: "Richard Hendricks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:01:12 -0500

"Dan A. Dickey" wrote:
>
> > Um, that's documented so I take no blame for it. :)
> > See page 20-41.  If you have debug mode enabled, and
> > are not currently IN debug mode (ie, MPC8bug is connected,
> > but you are running your code), then a write to the
> > DP registers is ignored.
>
> Page 20-41 of what?  There's nothing like that in my
> 850 users manual, and the mpc8bug users manual doesn't
> come close to having 20 chapters.
>
Oooooh, you're one of those Netcomm customers. :)  I currently
support the MPC823/MPC823e.  They're very similar chips. Our
manual is slightly different from the Netcomm manual.  The
chapter in question is the Development Capabilities chapter.
I don't have an MPC850 manual handy.  Besides, ours is much
better. :)

BTW, the final version of the MPC823/MPC823e manual is now
availible on our website.  A printed version should be availible
at the LDC in a few weeks.  The Powers That Be are making us change
the cover from the spiffy one we have to a black Digital DNA one.
Feh.

--
MPC823 Applications Engineering Development
Get help from other MPC823 customers on the
comp.sys.powerpc.tech newsgroup!

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/