Subject: Re: New experimental X 4.0 not working

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 16:40:34 +0200

[I'm forwarding this to the MLs so everyone knows]

Sinan Gürkan wrote:

> I installed XFree4.0b...but it doesn`t work...
> after startx command it loads a bit and it freezes the whole system.
> You have to reboot and filesystem is corrupted..(I ran fsck 3 times :) )

Do you use update/bdflush/whatever? I get lotsa lockups when hacking kernels
and X servers, but I've never had to run fsck more than twice (once
automatically and once manually).

> I am sending you the XFree86 log
>
> XFree86 Version 4.0a / X Window System
                  ^^^^
You are using the 4.0a loader with 4.0b modules. Use the 4.0b loader.

Michel

--
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.
______________________________________________________________________________
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software enthusiast
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/