Subject: Re: MPC860 ADS Board Question

From: Jim Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 21:37:18 -0500

"Todd_Tomaino"@vnci.net wrote:

> I **think** that the MPC860 ADS board will accept either the 860 or the
> 821, and NOT the 823.  BUT since the MPC823 is the reduced-cost, enhanced
> replacement for the MPC821, and I would like to use the video controller,
> and I have an ADS board, I figured I'd ask if anyone knows if this will
> definitively not work (maybe I should be more positive...does anyone know
> if this WILL work??).  I guess the other option is to buy the RPX-Lite 823
> board from Embedded Planet.

That would be a VERY good idea. If you want  to be up and running, developing
Linux application code quickly, invest a few hundred dollars in a board like
the RPX Lite.

The ADS can be made to work, but expect to spend lots of extra time getting to
the point where you are developing application code.

-jim

> thanks,
>      Todd

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/