Subject: Re: serial GDBServer PPC405 problems

From: "Wang, Baojun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:44:50 +0800

On Friday 02 November 2007 00:49:16, khollan wrote：
> Hi everyone
> I want to thank everyone for helping with all of my problems so far, you
> have been a great help.
>
> Im trying to get a debug session with gdbserver over a serial connection on
> my Xilinx ML410 using a uartlite set at Baud 115200.  When I issue the
> command on the target "./gdbserver /dev/ttyUL1 test" I get this error:
> Remote debugging using /dev/ttyUL1
> readchar: Socet operation on non-socket
> Remote Side has terminated connection.  GDBserver will reopen connection.
>
> This error just repeats until I kill the process.  I know that gdbserver
> works because debugging over TCP works fine.
> Thanks for your help

Your kernel don't have kgdb support? then you need a debugger like bdi2000 to 
debug the kernel.

Wang

-- 
Wang, Baojun                                        Lanzhou University
Distributed & Embedded System Lab              http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn
School of Information Science and Engeneering        [email-masked]
Tianshui South Road 222. Lanzhou 730000                     .P.R.China
Tel:+86-931-8912025                                Fax:+86-931-8912022