Subject: Re: seemingly random lock-up with kernel 2.2.17p7

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 15:45:06 +0200

Gwyn Judd wrote:
>
> This has me puzzled. I'm not sure if it is a kernel panic or just X
> freezing since it never leaves anything in the logs.

Pinging from a remote machine can tell for sure as well as the Magic Sysrq
keys.

> Has anyone had this problem?

> It seems to happen most often when I am listening to mp3's although it has
> happened a few times while it was just sitting there doing nothing.

It has also happened to me when the machine was idle. But I've been playing
MP3s extensively without any lockups for some time now.

> Also I am using BootX.

Me yaboot (BootX doesn't work on my Pismo).

What machine do you have?

Michel

--
                        Press every key to continue.
______________________________________________________________________________
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software enthusiast
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/