Subject: Re: RFC: Changing default partition type for linux/ppc

From: Tom Gall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 08:05:32 -0500

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Hi all !

Greets!

> So I suggest moving to Linux_ext2, Linux_swap, or maybe simply Linux and
> Linux_swap (since ext2 is not the only filesystem Linux may put on
> these). Using a different type for swap would help avoiding confusion.

I agree. I think this is a good step. However there's the obvious interoperability
problems with MacOS, OS X etc... Hopefully Apple's OSes wouldn't do anything evil
to the partition they don't recognize.

Regards,

Tom

Tom Gall - PowerPC Linux Team    "Where's the ka-boom? There was
Linux Technology Center           supposed to be an earth
(w) [email-masked]         shattering ka-boom!"
(w) 507-253-4558                 -- Marvin Martian
(h) [email-masked]
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/