Subject: Re: trackpad and 2.2.17prex-ben1

From: Nelson Abramson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 14:42:21 -0400

Robert Thompson wrote:

> <snip>
> Hmmm... well, I have all those options enabled, but it didn't help any. dmesg
> shows that the trackpad is found and initialized, etc, but it just doesn't
> work! Xpmac doesn't use it, and I tried numerous gpm lines trying to get it to
> work, to no avail. dmesg reports that it's mouse3, so I even tried
> gpm -m /dev/input/mouse3 -t imps2: results in no function
> gpm -m /dev/input/mouse3 -t bm: results in no function
> gpm -m /dev/mouse -t imps2: external USB trackball works great, but still no
> trackpad

<snip>
Assuming that you have not changed gpm's defaults, and that you have linked both
/dev/input/mouse and /dev/input/usbmouse to /dev/mouse, all you should need to do
is "gpm -t imps2", and that should allow gpm to take input from both your external
usb mouse and the trackpad.  If you have X use /dev/mouse, then it should also
beable to take input from both sources (it works for my Pismo).

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/