Subject: 2.4.0-test4 doesn't boot

From: Martin Costabel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:50:03 +0200

Hi,

booting rsync/bitkeeper kernel 2.4.0-test4 gets me into an infinite
loop: At the end of the kernel boot proces, right after "freeing unused
kernel memory", I get a couple of

kmod: runaway modprobe loop assumed and stopped

and then a never ending loop of

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-4c46, errno=8

Has anyone else seen this or knows what it means?

I have spent many hours changing all kinds of config options, modutils
version, kernel arguments, but I am giving up now. 2.4.0-test3 from 2
weeks ago worked OK.

The number 4c46 exists as PCI_DEVICE_ID_ATI_RAGE128_LF in
include/linux/pci_ids.h, but whether I enable aty128 support or not
makes no difference (I don't have an ATI card).

--
Martin

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/