Subject: Re: Xfree86 version 4.01

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:02:06 +0200

John Grimes wrote:
>
> >
> > Does the console work there? If yes, just don't specify any modelines and
> > it will use the console mode.
>
> Nope, console doesn't work for the 2nd monitor so suspect a config issue
> on my side.  Will continue to work on.  Although how would I even get to
> the 2nd monitor on the console, will moving the mouse get me there?  Or is
> it higher console numbers?

First of all, you have to boot the kernel with a second video= paramater for
the internal video (offb may pick it up automatically, don't know).

There are 2 possibilities:

Either also add something like video=map:000111 as a kernel parameter.
Meaning:                                 ^^^
First three virtual consoles on first monitor (fb0)
                                            ^^^
The remaing three on the second one (fb1)

I hope you get the idea...

Or, you can change the mapping between consoles and fbs with a script called
fb2conmap or similar. It's in the Debian fbset package, let's hope it's also
in LinuxPPC...

Michel

--
Pauli's exclusive, Heisenberg's uncertain, and Schroedinger just waves.
______________________________________________________________________________
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software enthusiast
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/