Subject: Re: CONFIG_PPC != Mac

From: Martin Costabel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:24:58 +0200

Tony Mantler wrote:
>
> At 12:40 PM -0500 7/29/2000, Dan Malek wrote:
> >Tony Mantler wrote:
> >
> >> Add a CONFIG_PMAC maybe? I don't really object to sharing CONFIG_MAC with
> >> PPC, except that it would be easy to assume that CONFIG_MAC == CONFIG_MAC
> >> && __powerpc__, and vice versa CONFIG_MAC == CONFIG_MAC && __m68k__.
> >
> >Ahhhhh....I get it.  Apologies to the m68k folks....
> >OK....let me think about this and work on some alternatives.  So, it
> >is OK to assume CONFIG_MAC implies m68k?
>
> At the moment, it appears yes. via-cuda.c is a good example of this. On the
> other hand, valkyriefb.c uses __mc68000 instead, so go fig.

??? Care to explain? What kernel are you talking about? I don't find any
CONFIG_MAC in the kernel sources, nor any 68000 in valkyriefb.c.

IMHO, there seems to be a lot of confusion right now with config options
in the latest bk kernel, like you can still choose CONFIG_ADBMOUSE, but
no longer CONFIG_ADB_KEYBOARD which is needed at several places,
however.

--
Martin

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/