Subject: Re: LinuxPPC X Server

From: Michel D nzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:14:35 +0200

Iain Sandoe wrote:

> >>And yes, there have been reports of people trying it (one yesterday - said
> >>it was quicker in some places & slower in others...)

He didn't provide any numbers though. For all chipsets which have an
accelerated driver in X 4, it's almost certainly faster than anything else -
and also for the others it should be faster than X 3.3.x .

> > Did these sources you have compiled include the DRI Drivers ?
>
> Don't know - I did a make "World" so I guess that should have built everything?

See my remark at the end.

> > You told it took 1 day to do... so there were big problems/source code changes to do
> > ? Or what caused this ?
>
> No problems, no changes, it's just *BIG* :-)

Before building, you should have copied xc/config/cf/{xf86site,host}.def

Then edit the newly created host.def - you probably only want to build the
server and drivers, and choose the drivers you want.

For DRI, you may have to edit even more files in config/cf/, AFAIK DRI is only
built on i386 by default.

Michel

--
#include <stdsig.h>

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/