Subject: Re: internal speakers on Pismo

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:38:20 +0200

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> Ok, I got it working here too. I've pushed changes in my rsync tree
> (dmasound 2.2, I'll take care of 2.4 later, I'll send you patches, Iain).
>
> Basically, clearing the additional registers is not what made it work as
> I originally expected ! What made it work was _not_ to enable the
> parallel port output. However, it is needed on some machines. So what I
> did was to enable it conditionally in a way similar to what Darwin does.
> I also fixed up detection of screamer chips.

Thanks Ben!

> Oddly, the master volume doesn't work (but the speaker volume does).

The Master Volume works for the headphone jack, as before.

Michel

PS: The fact that the speakers aren't automatically muted when headphones are
connected has created a rather embarassing situation for me on the train this
morning: I was happily listening to MP3s, when I realized lots of people were
looking at me... oh well :)

--
The computer revolution is over. The computers won.
______________________________________________________________________________
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software enthusiast
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/