Subject: Re: CONFIG_PPC != Mac

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:22:56 -0400

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Given the flexibility I was used to on m68k[*], I find this a pity as well...

Well, it looks like I opened up a big can of worms...........

I guess this is something that will get discussed as part of
"restructuring" the PowerPC source tree when we jump into 2.5.xx.
However, I need some kind of a simple solution that will help me with
the embedded processors that will no longer build in the 2.4.xx
kernel.  I know there must be some embedded Linux m68k boards that
have a similar challenge that I may be able to use for insight.

What I would like to do in the short term, is create a CONFIG_PPCMAC
that has the sole purpose of including the drivers/macintosh software,
or perhaps overload the CONFIG_ALL_PPC to do this.  Perhaps I will
look at what CONFIG_PPC really means, and not define this for embedded
boards (although this sounds wrong).

Thanks for the comments.  We'll be back :-).

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/