Subject: Re: LinuxPPC X Server

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:05:46 +0200

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> I'm working on a /dev/agpgart implementation for new machines.

Great, I'd happily beta-test and/or help, will that be in your rsync-tree or
in 2.4?

> But DRI should be already port-able using the PCI GART provided by most ATI
> chipsets.

The latest r128 DRI driver should work without AGP GART, but AFAIK PCI GART
support is only planned yet - I assume and hope it should work anyway?

> Any volunteer ?

I'll have a try. (checking out the DRI CVS tree now :)

Michel

--
Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.
______________________________________________________________________________
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software enthusiast
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/