Subject: Re: New input layer and ADB (Was Re: CONFIG_PPC != Mac)

From: Martin Costabel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 00:35:46 +0200

Michael Schmitz wrote:
>
> > > Sometimes after a console switch, I end up in capslock mode. Switching
> > > capslock on then gives lowercase letters (except the letter "L"). After
> > > a further console switch, things return to normal.
> >
> > That's normal. With PC keyboards, the LED state of the Caps Lock key is
> > controlled by Linux, while Mac (and Amiga) keyboards remember the Caps Lock
> > state in the keyboard. Hence if you do a VC switch to a VC where Caps Lock is
>
> Wrong for Mac. We explicitly set LED state from the keyboard bottom half
> if necessary (though it stopped working consistently sometime in 2.1
> IIRC).
>
> The CapsLock on ADB keyboards is worth a million laughs actually. It
> is sticky by hardware, and never sends a key up event, only key down. See
> mac_keyb.c.

In any case, Franz's typo fix (lost "!") makes the problem disappearand
everything works as it should: VCs remember their capslock state
independently of what the capslock key itself remembers.

--
Martin

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/