Subject: Re: [RFC] DMAsound 2.4.0-tx => 2.2.17 back-port.

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:36:52 +0200

Iain Sandoe wrote:

> > Where is your backport (or rather patches against 2.4.0-testx) available?
>
> The backport is on  http://www.drfruitcake.com/linux/linuxppc.html
>
> I have not done a separate 2.4.0-test x patch.

Sorry, I was referring to Henry Worth mentioning changes to the 2.4 code.

> I'm mostly working under 2.2.17 because of the flakiness of 2.4.0 (but, by
> using the same code base, with the idea that any improvements will move
> straight to 2.4.0)>

BTW AFAIK Linus considers this coding style bloat. I also think that if the
new stuff would only be in 2.4, more people would probably use/test it and get
it more stable.

Two cents more,

Michel

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software enthusiast
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/