Subject: 2.4 problems

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:18:23 +0200

Joseph Garcia wrote:

> > A few days ago, I rsynced linux-pmac-devel and tried 2.4.0-test7(-pre?) .
> > I had problems with the network, no TCP connection could be established.
> > Anyone seen this?
>
> When I tried 2.4, it takes forever for a name to resolve.  connections seem
> ok once they are made.

For me, the names got resolved, but no HTTP, IMAP, ... connection could be
established. As ICQ also worked, I conclude that TCP didn't work but UDP did.

> My system also seems to have a fork problem in 2.4.  su hangs for 2-3
> minutes.

Haven't seen that.

Michel

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software enthusiast
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/