Subject: Re: 2.4 problems

From: Martin Costabel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:36:23 +0200

Dan Malek wrote:
>
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Haven't seen that.
>
> My 7200 won't even boot.....

On my 6400, both bk-test8 and pmac-devel-test7 are running nicely. The
one major problem is random sudden freezes that can happen after some
minutes or after 3 days and which have been reported a couple of times
by others, too. It is like the ADB interrupt dies. There are no
messages, the computer is still alive, it goes on compiling or
downloading, and today I even could ssh in over the net, but locally,
keyboard and mouse are dead, even MagicSysRq, the only working key combo
is ctrl-cmd-power :-(

I never saw this with 2.2.X kernels (not recently, in any case).

--
Martin

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/