Subject: General question on how to port linux kernel ?

From: Zhaobin Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:11:58 -0400

Hello all,

I am a newbie to Linux kernel port.

Just want to ask some general questions regarding porting linux kernel.

1) I have experiences porting pSOS kernel on different custom board.
     Usually what I did is to bring the board to a known state and
provide
      some required parameters and I/O interfacces, then call an entry
point
      of the kernel. That is it.

      Is Linux porting similar to this process ? If yes ,

2)  Is there a well-defined known state before jumping into linux kernel
?

3)  Is linux kernel modulized ?  For example, to integrate a different
PCI
       bridge controller, which .c and .h files should I change ?

Thanks,

--
 Zhaobin Zhu
 [email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/