Subject: Re: Platform configuration (was: Re: CONFIG_PPC != Mac)

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:12:38 -0400

Tom Rini wrote:

> Here's a few: The PCI resource allocation/conflict stuff has "issues" with
> some Pmacs (7600, Yikes! G4, I don't know about others).

Geeze, don't even go there.  I have some really cool multimedia boards
I have been trying to use for months in my G4.....after lots of
resource conflict messages I discover my USB has been "reallocated"
to the bit bucket.....I would like to do some FireWire, but those are
PCI devices, too.  I haven't tried my 2940 SCSI lately, although I
suspect it is more of a driver problem than PCI related.  Works great
in 2.2, crashes downloading microcode in 2.4.  I am trying to collect
useful information and make sense of this, but I am having trouble
grasping all of the changes in the software and the configuration of
some of the G4 hardware.

It seems all of the standard stuff works OK, so I will just put these
projects aside for a while.

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/