Subject: Re: HARDHAT: hhl-relocation... how to use it?

From: Mark Hatle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 10:14:33 -0700

The hhl-relocation program is a wrapper which is used for relocation
gcc.

GCC has many hard coded paths in it.  We have a system to bypass those
hard coded paths using environment variables.  During the RPM install,
if you chose to install other then the default prefix (if do an rpm -qip
gcc* you'll see it is relocatable) a small script is run to adjust the
default prefix inside of hhl-relocation, and then rename all of the gcc
executables (gcc, g++, etc) to *.real.  It then sets up a sym link from
"gcc" to hhl-relocation.  When you run a symlinked program,
hhl-relocation intercepts the call, sets the environment variables, and
then calls the program + .real.

It does preform relocation, but no it cannot reconfigure the standard
directory to run relocated.  You must use rpm to do that.

--Mark

Paolo Scaffardi wrote:
>
> I suppose hhl-relocation can be used to reconfigure the standard directory
> of the compiler toolkit but it seems it cannot be run (it looks for
> hhl-relocation.real).
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanx,
> Paolo.
>

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/