Subject: Re: Roles for distributions

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:03:32 -0400

"Hendricks, Kevin" wrote:

> That is a nasty thing to say... And unfotunately you picked on the wrong
> person.

Oh yeah....and one of the first things I read on Monday morning is you
being nasty to people working hard creating distributions.  There are
lots of us that work hard to make all of this happen, from fixing a
little bug, to creating the packages anyone can use, to creating
complete distribtions.

If you don't like the way some of these folks are creating distibutions
or supporting them, you should start by contacting them and expressing
your suggestions.  A blanket "everyone is screwing up" statement isn't
terribly helpful.

> The reason I was given them for free was that I have helped with
> development since the oringal MkLinux came along.

You are not a unique individual in this regard.  Although for for
someone that has worked in this community for so long, I would have
expected something a little constructive.

> I expect a full apology now.

I happen to be one of those full time employees you pissed off, and then
after spending 12 hours a day working on a distribution I spend six more
working on software you will see tomorrow.....seven days a week.  I
had better get one from you.

I hope your day gets better.

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/