Subject: Re: Linux keycodes and left cursor on Pismo

From: Martin Costabel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:28:00 +0200

Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> Henry Worth wrote:
>
> > >After switching to Linux keycodes (and Debian's i386 us keymap), the left
> > >cursor key doesn't generate a keycode anymore. Interestingly, it works in
> > >X with Xkb, but not without.
> > >
> > >Anyone else sees this?
> >
> > Check the dev and user archives, I think this has been discussed a
> > few times since the new input layer backport went in.
>
> I've searched the archives now with no luck.

I haven't seen this discussed, but I'll try a wild guess: What's
suspicious is that the linux keycode for KEY_LEFT is 105=0x69, the same
as the old mac keycode for SYSRQ_KEY. You could easily verify this by
pressing LEFT plus s or t or something and see whether it does some
emergency sync or whatever. Just a guess.

--
Martin

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/