Subject: Re: __ioremap_at() in 2.4.0-test9-pre2

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:22:50 -0400

Paul Mackerras wrote:

> I don't see why it matters on powermacs which is the primary bridge
> though, since we fortunately don't have any legacy ISA devices.
> Hum... except for cards in the PC-card slot...  So we need to make
> sure that the bus with the cardbus controller is behind the "primary"
> bridge.

I thought this whole discussion was started because someone wanted
a 16550-like serial card on the PCI bus....

Isn't the cardbus only on the PowerBook/iBook, which only have one
PCI bus?  Of course, this will change with the new G4 PowerBooks....

> The issue here is that the pcmcia/cardbus stuff will assign a range
> of I/O addresses to a pcmcia card (starting at say I/O port n) and
> then expect that inb(n) will access the card.

That should work, and most of the modules have 'ioport=' configuration
option in any case....

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/