Subject: Problem with CMU SNMP 3.7

From: Karsten Wernicke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:48:28 +0200

Hi,

we try to use CMU-SNMP(3.7) on our custom MPC855T based board.
After running i.e. the snmptest (in fact it doesn't matter
which executable of the SNMP-package we use) we get a
segmentation fault. The stackbacktrace looks like:

GNU gdb 4.17.0.6 with Linux support
Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
details.
This GDB was configured as "ppc-redhat-linux"...
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/snmptest'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x1000df70 in chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x10064f2c, nb=16) at
malloc.c:2522
(gdb) where
#0  0x1000df70 in chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x10064f2c, nb=16) at
malloc.c:2522
#1  0x1000d7cc in __libc_malloc (bytes=282786724) at malloc.c:2696
#2  0x1000cf8c in malloc_hook_ini (sz=8, caller=0x10) at malloc.c:1756
#3  0x1000d708 in __libc_malloc (bytes=282786724) at malloc.c:2683
#4  0x1001b390 in _dl_important_hwcaps (
    platform=0x10dafba4 <Address 0x10dafba4 out of bounds>,
platform_len=16,
    sz=0x100666ac, max_capstrlen=0x10db0000) at dl-support.c:114
#5  0x10037590 in _dl_init_paths (llp=0x0) at dl-load.c:524
#6  0x1001b308 in non_dynamic_init () at dl-support.c:92
#7  0x1001b690 in __libc_init (argc=1, argv=0x7ffffe44, envp=0x7ffffe4c)
    at set-init.c:23
#8  0x1001b5d8 in init (argc=1, argv=0x7ffffe44, envp=0x7ffffe4c)
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/init-first.c:84
#9  0x1001b60c in __libc_init_first (argc=282786724, argv=0x10,
envp=0xb)
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/init-first.c:107
#10 0x10008528 in __libc_start_main (argc=1, argv=0x7ffffe44,
envp=0x7ffffe4c,
    auxvec=0x7ffffe8d, rtld_fini=0x10dafba4, stinfo=0x1004bfe0,
    stack_on_entry=0x4c) at ../sysdeps/powerpc/elf/libc-start.c:87
(gdb) q

We compiled the SNMP-sources with the crosscompiler of HARDHAT CDK1.2
and are using a kernel 2.2.13.

Is there someone who can help us ?

Regards,

Karsten.

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/