Subject: Re: HDLC/PPP Driver

From: Daris A Nevil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:11:15 -0500

Hi Julia,

I've not tested the HDLC/PPP driver on SCC2, so there could be a bug
lurking there.  Check the table named "SCC_Params" in the hdlcppp.c
file.  Also check to make sure that the constants in that table are
defined correctly in the associated .h files.

Other than that I can't figure out how the kernel would confuse the
network device "hdlcppp2" for "enet".  The hdlcppp.c file registers each
device using the "register_netdev()" function, and this relies on the
device name.

If it had been the receive function that was called by mistake then I
would suggest that the hdlc/ppp driver was overwriting the IRQ vector
table incorrectly.  But the transmit function,
hdlc_ppp_hard_start_xmit(), is called directly from the network stack
(sorry about the bogus comment in that function header).

Daris

Julia Elbert wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Thank you for the white paper.
> My problem is my hdlcppp is confused with enet. It appears my enet is
> calling the xmit in hdlcppp after the enet open is called. Weird. How could
> this happen? My enet is on SCC1 and hdlcppp is SCC2. Could some parameter in
> hdlcppp have priority even when enet is loaded?
> Thank you for your help. I hope this is not to elementary.
> --Julia
>
> http://qslinux.org/docs/snmc/hdlc/index.html
>

--
Daris A Nevil
Simple Network Magic Corporation
401 Kentucky Lane
McKinney, TX 75069
214-793-7757
[email-masked]
www.snmc.com
quickstack.com
qslinux.org

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/