Subject: Re: 2.2.18pre17 again

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:20:29 -0500

Gabriel Paubert wrote:
>
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>

> > Because you didn't implement it yet ? :)
>
> Perhaps...

Make sure you look at the code in the "boot" directories.  I think
all of them have udelay functions that use the timebase.  At least,
it would be a starting point.

> Even with a 33 MHz timebase (keep dreaming), the maximal delay for non
> 601 CPUs is over 100 seconds.

I thought at one time we had mdelay/udelay that were smart enough
to loop and call the lower level delay to ensure this maximum
delay wasn't exceeded.....maybe I was smoking something :-).

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/