Subject: How do I get the c++ compiler

From: John Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 11:50:59 -0500

How do I get the c++ compiler on the nfs drive?  I have an Embedded
Planet clcc.

I try to install the: hhl-ppc_8xx-c++-2.95.2-13.ppc.rpm by running the
command

rpm -ihv hhl-ppc_8xx-c++-2.95.2-13.ppc.rpm (from my i386 host machine)
and Iget the error: package hhl-ppc_8xx-c++-2.95.2-13 is for a different
architecture.

I have already installed the i386 version, but I think that is just for
my i386 host, right?

Am I supposed to install the ppc.rpm FROM the target machine?  It does
not seem to
have the rpm program to do so.

HELP.

Thanks.

-John

--
<Help further Linux by signing the Linux Driver Petition:
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html>

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/