Subject: MV kernel on 405GP

From: Juha Okkonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 18:12:56 +0200

I have a custom board that uses IBM 405GP -prosessor. I have already
	modified ppcboot-0.5.3 for booting. And am trying to get Monta Vista's
	linux-2.4.0-test2 kernel to run on it also. But there is some problem
	with exceptions. When start_kernel(void)-function calls sti() to enable
	external interrupts, the prosessor hangs totally. I don't get any
register
	dumps or anything else either. I have been able to verify with kgdb
that
	everything works until update of MSR-register.

	If somebody has a version of the kernel modified for 405GP and ppcboot
	both working, I would like to have the sources or at least ideas about
	my problemn.

							'Okko

--
Juha Okkonen/CTO			         [email-masked]
Green Current Oy				 Phone +358  9 2517 5525
Tekniikantie 21 E 226					      +358 41  517 6542
02150 Espoo

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/