Subject: Re: r128 DRI driver now fully functional on PPC

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:33:48 +0100

Gareth Hughes wrote:
>
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > Beware that I have merged in locally some fixes from the trunk which seem
> > to help for some problems I had - Gareth, will we merge the branch into
> > the trunk anytime soon or should I commit those to the branch?
>
> Jeff Hartmann has informed me he'll be merging it in RSN.

Cool. I assume it won't get into an XFree86 release before 4.1.0 though?

> > The only issues I'm seeing now are broken lighting textures in quake-gl,
> > missing texture in xtraceroute and garbage at the top of the framebuffer
> > periodically. The last also causes a delay so I suspect it's some DMA
> > operation going wrong and the driver hitting a timeout, unfortunately I
> > don't have time to track it down and probably won't have for weeks. :(
>
> Once we get everything on the trunk, we should look into these more.
> There may already be fixes on the trunk for these problems -- the branch
> was created a while ago now.

Looking forward to that - I'd expect the first one to be an endianness
leftover though, and the second one might even be a client issue.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)    \   Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
CS student, Free Software enthusiast   \        XFree86 and DRI project member

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/