Subject: Re: gdbserver for mpc8xx targets

From: Mark Hatle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:08:25 -0800

Christian Schroeder wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> did anybody successfully cross compile gdbserver for powerpc targets.
> I tried the sources for gdb-4.18 and gdb-5.0 but gdbserver didn't compile.
>
> Is there a special version of gdbserver for ppc targets or do I have to
> apply patches ?
>

There are indeed patches.  The best place I can point you at is the
MontaVista ftp site.  ftp.mvista.com.  Grab the source package for gdb,
the patches should be in there and their should be a starting point for
you to play with.

(the FTP site also has precompiled stuff, but unless you are using our
tools, it's better for you to recompile.)

--Mark

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/