Subject: Re: EST SBC8260 and Canary CTX-1170

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 19:36:05 -0500

Oliver Brown wrote:

> I can't generate any traffic on the fast ethernet port.

The CTX-1170 worked at one time on the EST board.  Unfortunately,
I had to make little changes for just about every different 8260
board I have seen.  Further, my EST boards have all failed in some
way or another so I can't even test this anymore.

Even when it "worked", I had trouble with some 10/100 switches.

> Ppcboot works fine on this setup, so I know that the hardware is
> working.

Is this driver available from sourceforge, or is it something you have
locally?  I would like to look at it and I may see some differences.

Most of the changes surround the MDIO interface and the software
"clocking" of the bits on those lines.  The PHYs seem sensitive to
timing I just can't get right with the software.  I was able to get
one, or a small subset, working at the same time, but not all of them
at once.

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/