Subject: Re: Proposed new kernel noncaching memory allocator for the 405gp

From: Frank Rowand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:24:02 -0800

Ralph Blach wrote:

> David Blythe wrote:

> > I think something more general then pci_alloc_consistent would be
> better
> > for devices that are not pci based.  We are still working on getting a
>
> > pci OHCI usb to work with the walnut card and are running into a lot
> of
> > cache coherency problems.

Dan Malek has provided the functions consistent_alloc(), consistent_free(),
and consistent_sync() for uses other than PCI.  They are in linuxppc_2_5
rev 1.446 and later (I'm not sure if they are in any earlier version).
They are also in my active development kernel, but not yet in any kernel
that I have put on my ftp site.

-Frank
--
Frank Rowand <[email-masked]>
MontaVista Software, Inc

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/