Subject: Re: 860 RTC support

From: Steven Hein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:51:01 -0500

Tom Rini wrote:
>
>
> Okay, it doesn't _quite_ work (hwclock will oops) but hopefully it
> won't be too hard to track down.  I'll try and get to it this afternoon
> or tomorrow, or when time permits (!+@$*ing classes).  Patches greatly
> appreciated. :)
>

I don't have a patch put together yet, but I found the problem:
m8xx_get_rtc_time is an __init function in the 2.4.x tree.
Remove the __init and it works great!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Hein ([email-masked])              Engineering Diagnostics/Software
Silicon Graphics, Inc.
1168 Industrial Blvd.                 Phone: (715) 726-8410
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729              Fax:   (715) 726-6715
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/