Subject: Re: pismo sleep behaviour w/ 2.4.4-benh

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:02:47 +0200

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> >
> >when i disable pmud, is there any way to issue sleep requests
> >"natively" to the kernel ?
> >like in /proc/sysctl/ ?
> >
> >i'd rather try that than hacking pmud.
> >
> >what userland programs do you use on your ti book to make it sleep ?
>
> There's a version of snooze that directly sends the proper ioctl
> to /dev/pmu. But you should rather get pmud fixed as it does
> some additional useful things.

ok, to recap this:
sleeping works for you on  a ti powerbook with the same kernel i
use, you are also using pmud
version @(#)$Id: pmud.c,v 1.10 2000/11/21 20:58:32 stephan Exp $,
and you suspect it's pmud that's causing me grief ?

i will use snooze -f for a while to check if that cures it, and
start nagging stephan if it does :)

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany
phone://+49.201.491621
http://icem-www.folkwang-hochschule.de/~nettings/
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/