Subject: i can't use the function in kernel??

From: hychon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:26:32 +0900

hi!

I write a  sample network device driver based on MPC860T
but  no experience  any device driver.
I reference  '/kernel/arch/ppc/8xx_io/enet.c' file  and I wirte a
program.

when I compile (ppc_8xx-gcc -o network network.c ) , occur error with
following message

============== -error ============================================
~~/network.c : undefined reference to 'printk'
 ~~/network.c : relocation truncation to fit : R_PPC_REL24 printk

~/network.c : undefined reference to 'kmalloc'
 ~~/network.c : relocation truncation to fit : R_PPC_REL24 kmalloc
.........

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: ***[all] Error 1

==============================================================

 I can't use 'printk()' , kmalloc() etc... function .

I include linux/kernel.h . linux/fs.h , linux/slab.h ...etc ( header
files of  need by function)
(reference  the book 'linux device driver ' by ALESSANDRO RUBIN )

why i don't use  those function?

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/