Subject: Re: mmu problems

From: Adam Wozniak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:56:40 -0700

Adam Wozniak wrote:
>
> I'll try today to get more (and better) error dumps from it.

Here are two more dumps.  Both were created (separate runs)
by doing several (between 4 and 10)
ls -laR &
from a shell prompt.

Is there any way I can get gcc to annotate the assembly listing with the
C source
code?  I feel it would help pinpoint what is going on...

====
(note: the "closest to" lines were produced by a perl script which pulls
stuff from the System.map file.  "plus 96 of 760" means the given
address
is 96 bytes higher than the start of the function, and the next function
is 760 higher than the start of the function)
====

Oops: kernel access of bad area, sig: 11
NIP: C000FA60 XER: 00000000 LR: 00000000 SP: C3E97DE0 REGS: c3e97d30
TRAP: 0300
MSR: 00009032 EE: 1 PR: 0 FP: 0 ME: 1 IR/DR: 11
DAR: 00000000, DSISR: 20000000
TASK = c3e96000[18] 'sh' Last syscall: 2
last math c3e96000 last altivec 00000000
GPR00: 00000000 C3E97DE0 C3E96000 00000000 C33FE000 00000000 C3400540
00000000
GPR08: 00000000 C3400040 C3400000 00000001 24448880 1004BE90 03FDE000
007FFF00
GPR16: 00000000 007FFF00 007FFEB0 03FD71A8 00009032 03E97E80 00000000
C3E97E90
GPR24: 7FFFFD60 C3E97E18 FFFFFFF4 C33FE000 C368C160 00000000 C33FE000
C3D932A0
Call backtrace:
C368C320 C00105FC C0006A4C C0003B5C 00000002 1001B6BC 1001BC20
10027B64 100277E0 0FEDC068 00000000

closest to c000fa60 :: c000fa00 t copy_mm                (plus 96 of
760)
closest to c368c320 :: NOT FOUND
closest to c00105fc :: c00100f8 T do_fork                (plus 1284 of
1952)
closest to c0006a4c :: c0006a2c T sys_fork               (plus 32 of 48)
closest to c0003b5c :: c0003b5c T ret_from_syscall_1     (plus 0 of 180)

Machine check in kernel mode.
Caused by (from SRR1=41000): Transfer error ack signal
Oops: machine check, sig: 7
NIP: 00000908 XER: 00000000 LR: C000CF9C SP: C3E81BF0 REGS: c3e81b40
TRAP: 0200
MSR: 00041000 EE: 0 PR: 0 FP: 0 ME: 1 IR/DR: 00
TASK = c3e80000[19] 'ls' Last syscall: 3
last math c3442000 last altivec 00000000
GPR00: 7D665B78 C3E81BF0 C3E80000 C33FF800 00000080 00000081 C33FF000
00000001
GPR08: 00000000 000000C8 C027B060 8299A487 44444824 1004BE90 03FDE000
007FFF00
GPR16: 00000000 007FFF00 007FFEB0 C0023424 00009032 03E81D20 00000000
C0003DC4
GPR24: C000BE90 02000000 00030002 C3E74064 C3E74064 C3681CE0 C36831A0
C0247FE4
Call backtrace:
C3681CE0 C001F714 C001F7F0 C001F99C C000C020 C0003DC4 C350DCC0
C0023068 C0023520 C0031FC0 C0003B5C 0FF31FD0 0FF307F0 0FF32040
0FF31EB4 0FF26DF0 0FF26C48 0FF2FDD0 0FE8E6D8 0FE8EB00 0FF6553C
0FF64EF4 10029794 10012B64 10012648 10012718 10012764 10012764
10012764 100133C8 10027B64 100277E0 0FEDC068

closest to c001f714 :: c001f674 t do_anonymous_page     (plus 160 of
296)
closest to c001f7f0 :: c001f79c t do_no_page     (plus 84 of 396)
closest to c001f99c :: c001f928 T handle_mm_fault     (plus 116 of 300)
closest to c000c020 :: c000be90 T do_page_fault     (plus 400 of 904)
closest to c0003dc4 :: c0003dc4 T ret_from_except     (plus 0 of 40)
closest to c350dcc0 :: NOT FOUND
closest to c0023068 :: c0022e14 T do_generic_file_read     (plus 596 of
1552)
closest to c0023520 :: c00234b8 T generic_file_read     (plus 104 of
160)
closest to c0031fc0 :: c0031ef8 T sys_read     (plus 200 of 276)
closest to c0003b5c :: c0003b5c T ret_from_syscall_1     (plus 0 of 180)

--
Adam Wozniak (KG6GZR)   COM DEV Wireless - Digital and Software Systems
[email-masked]      3450 Broad St. 107, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
                        http://www.comdev.cc
                        Voice: (805) 544-1089       Fax: (805) 544-2055

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/