Subject: Re: ppc405 enet changes (fwd)

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:06:26 -0400

andrew may wrote:

> Well we don't have the hardware to do multiple devices. I just know
> that is possible in the future. I would prefer to go through the
> pain of removing the static's now rather than later.

Ummm...OK, I guess.

> No I don't expect the patch to go in quickly. I just wanted John
> to start the process off.

OK.  Once I actually get the 2_4_devel kernel booting and running with
some sense of reliability, I'll add the patch and give it a go.

> So if you want to point to specific code that you don't like let
> us know.

Yeah, all of the linux version stuff.  It is nice to get patches against
the current 2_4 or 2_4_devel that are known to be tested and working.
If you can't test it, don't expect a quick turn around because someone
else (like me :-) has to spend the time doing it.

Thanks.

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/