Subject: libc.so.6 error but not in Montavista

From: David de Andrés Martínez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:22:07 +0200

I am trying to build a ramdisk for a TQM823L module using the LinuxPPC
 (2.4.4) and CDK provided by DENX.

 I have built the CDK withouth any problems and so the ramdisk.
 But when I try to boot the system, I obtain the following error:
 ....
 EXT2-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
 VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
 Freeing unused kernel memory: 52k init
 init: error in loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
 object fi
 le: No such file or directory
 Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
 Rebooting in 180 seconds..

 I have been searching the lists for a solution but it seems that people
 with the same problem were using the Montavista version, not the DENX
 one.
 The proposed solution for Montavista is:
 --------
 If your shared libraries are (as usual) in the "/lib" directory, add
the
 following option to the GCC command line when linking your binary:
 -Wl,-R/lib
 --------
 In fact, I don't know where to add this option.

 The /lib/libc.so in the ramdisk shows the following code:
 ---------------------
 /* GNU ld script
    Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
    the static library, so try that secondarily.  */
 GROUP ( /LinuxPPC/CDK/lib/libc.so.6 /LinuxPPC/CDK/lib/libc_nonshared.a
)
 ---------------------
 I think that this isn't right.

 Any help would be great.

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| David de Andrés Martínez   | Fault Tolerant Systems research Group |
|                            |                                       |
| Computer Science Engineer  | Email: [email-masked]          |
| Doctorate Student          | Phone: +34 96 387.75.74 Ext 75774     |
|                            | Fax: +34 96 387.75.79                 |
-------Address--------------------------------------------------------
|                 DISCA-EUI                                          |
|                 Universidad Politécnica de Valencia                |
|                 Campus de Vera #14                                 |
|                 Valencia E-46021                                   |
|                 Spain                                              |
----------------------------------------------------------------------

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/