Subject: Re: ppc LE questions (seeking help hand info pointers)

From: Mark Salisbury <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:10:51 -0400

Timothy A. Seufert wrote:

> Assuming you've identified all the needed changes for PPC LE with a
> LE board (*), I humbly submit that Mark & co. should get to work
> making a patch if they really want this feature.  The only item which
> might touch very much code is #5 (anybody know how frequently such
> instructions are used?), and a strong argument can be made that those
> instructions should not be used by anybody given their clearly
> deprecated status.  The rest of it is small enough to be maintained
> outside the regular trees, so they will not lose big time if it gets
> refused for integration.

we'll see how it goes and let you know...

--
/*------------------------------------------------**
**   Mark Salisbury | Mercury Computer Systems    **
**   [email-masked]     | System OS - Kernel Team     **
**------------------------------------------------*/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/