Subject: Re: interesting line in process.c

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:38:10 -0400

Paul Mackerras wrote:
>
> I'm intrigued by this line, line 276 in arch/ppc/kernel/process.c in
> linuxppc_2_4_devel:

I try to move this to other fault handlers where there is some 4xx
specific stuff already defined, but it keeps moving around and finding
its way back here.

> Which brings up another question that I have been meaning to ask: what
> is the rationale for adding the dbcr0/1 fields to the ptrace struct
> for 4xx?

I dunno.  They have also been moving around during the 4xx port.
I just put them where the folks that send the patches have them.
I'll take a look at this since gdb is currently broken on 4xx.
They have to be context switched, and maybe someone though gdb should
have access to them.....

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/