Subject: Re: USB and MPC855T/860T ???

From: Steven Scholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:24:06 +0200

Dear Frederic,

> Linux provides now a good USB hosts/devices support. You can have a look at
> the Linux USB Project page  : http://www.linux-usb.org/. You have to
> consider that your microcontroller doesn't integrate a USB host (if you want
> one, you may reconsider your choice and look a the MPC-850 family).

Thanks for your reply.
Since we need Fast Ethernet we are kind of restricted to MPC855T/860T.
Using the above URL it's easy to find out about supported devices like
cameras, disks, whatever.
But finding information about supported chipsets is much more difficult.

And when I am talking about chipsets I don't mean PCI chipsets.

I am looking for a simple USB controller from Atmel, Cypress or so
supported by linuxppc!

Is linux/drivers/usb the right place to look for supported chips?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Steven Scholz

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/