Subject: Re: ISA DMA

From: "David Müller (ELSOFT AG)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:36:17 +0100

Hi

Seems like you are facing the same problem as i do. But IIRC i think you
have to adjust the code in include/asm/dma.h (and possibly other places)
as well (at least in 2.4.14, not sure about the later kernels).

BTW:

What south bridge do you use? Some of the newer ones offer 32bit
addressing capability for DMA.

Adrian Cox wrote:

> The current 2.4-devel tree never assigns any memory to the ISA DMA zone,
> irrespective of the setting of ISA_DMA_THRESHOLD. As I'm currently
> trying to get a floppy working on a platform with 24-bit ISA DMA in its
> Southbridge, this looks like a problem.
>
> How do people feel about the attached patch? This should only change
> behavior for platforms which set ISA_DMA_THRESHOLD to a value other than
> 0 or (-1)L.
>

[stuff deleted]

Dave

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/