Subject: Re: PPC board

From: Conn Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:38:33 -0800

Norm Legare wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have been hacking with Linux as a
> hobby.  I have reached the point where
> a board is needed.  Does anyone know
> a good place to get PPC-based boards
> for hackers?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Norm

	Its much more fun to create your own. You'll spend numerous
enjoyable hours shooting yourself in the foot and pulling your
hair out in frustration.

If you really want to buy one instead here is a few places with
info.

http://penguinppc.org/embedded/hw-companies/
http://linux-embedded.com/hardlist.php3  (Note: more than just PPC)

You could try motorola and IBM reference boards.

	If you just want to hack PPC code get a mac and a mac
distribution like Yellow Dog or MacLinux. (Note: You might want to
check the list of compatible models of these distributions before
buying a mac)

Have Fun!!

	Conn

--

*****************************************************************
  If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
*****************************************************************

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				[email-masked]
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com

Stock Ticker Symbol				ELST

"[email-masked]" Copyright 2000 By Electronic Systems Technology
 This email address may be used to communicate to Conn Clark
 provided it is not being used for advertisement purposes, unless
 prior written consent is given. This email address may not be
 sold under any circumstances. All other rights reserved.

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/