Subject: [Q] Kernel-compile error for walnut with 2.4.18 ?

From: Kim young-kyun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:35:19 +0900

Hi, all.

I try to comile kernel 2.4.18 for walnut(IBM PowerPC 405GP) board on Red-Hat 7.1.
I met below error message and I cannot solve this problem.

powerpc-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__
-I/home/elecguy/work/ppclinux/linux-2.4.18/include -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -D__powerpc__ -fsigned-char
-msoft-float -pipe -ffixed-r2 -Wno-uninitialized -mmultiple -mstring
-Wa,-m403 -mcpu=403 -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ppc4xx_pic -c -o ppc4xx_pic.o
ppc4xx_pic.c
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:83: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXISR
{standard input}:84: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:111: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:128: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:145: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:149: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXISR
{standard input}:64: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER

Cross-compiler is builded by following order.

1) binutils-2.12.90.0.1
./configure --target=powerpc-linux --with-cpu=403
make; make install

2) gcc-core-2.95.3
./configure --target=powerpc-linux --enable-shared --enable-languages=c
--with-newlib --with-cpu=403
make; make install

linux-2.4.18 with ppc-patch-2.4.18
*in Makefile
ARCH := ppc
CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-
AFLAGS := -D__ASSEMBLY__ $(CPPFLAGS) -Wa,-m403
*in arch/ppc/Makefile
CFLAGS := (Original flags)... -Wa,-m403
*in make menuconfig
Processor Type -> 4xx
Machine Type -> Walnut

What's wrong?

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/