Subject: printk in m8xx_cpm_dpalloc() ???

From: Steven Scholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:45:05 +0200

Hi there,

I thought I put a printk just for debug reasons into the function
m8xx_cpm_dpalloc (in arch/ppc/8xx_io/commproc.c).

But now the kernel hangs while starting the CPM UART driver!

...
Decrementer Frequency = 300000000/60
m8xx_cpm_dpalloc: 8 bytes @ 0x0808		!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m8xx_cpm_dpalloc: 16 bytes @ 0x0818		!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calibrating delay loop... 79.66 BogoMIPS
Memory: 14596k available (1056k kernel code, 396k data, 52k init, 0k
highmem)
Dentry-cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Buffer-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Page-cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd
CPM UART driver version 0.03
ttyS00 at 0x0280 is a SMC			!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...
And nothing more happens!

Does anyone know why?

Cheers,

Steven

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/